Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What would you do with it?

So let me hear from you out there. What would YOU do with it?

Imagine you go to the doctor and he says, “I’ve got some good news and I’ve got some bad news.”

You say, “Tell me the bad news, Doc.”

He says, “You’ve only got one year to live.”

You say, “Then what’s the good news?”

He says, “You’ve still got one year to live.”

Are you with me? Now don’t get all depressed with me here. Remember my first post? We’re all going to die…it’s just the when that we don’t know. So now assume you find out the when. What are you going to do?

The song says, “I went sky diving…I went Rocky Mountain climbing…I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fumanchu.”

Tell me what would be on your list. “I’ve only got one year, I gotta do _____.” Or tell me something that you’ve already done that is a list maker.

Here’s some things that a few of my friends have done recently:
  • He played golf at Augusta National
  • He watched his beloved Anaheim Angels play live in Yankee Stadium
  • He drove from Idaho to Arizona to watch Boise St. win the Fiesta Bowl in person
  • She ran the Portland Marathon before she turned 40
  • She became a mommy
  • He bought a new Mustang…the red one with white racing stripes

Here’s a couple things that I checked off my list recently:

  • I took a group of 12 guys to play golf Opening Day at Bandon Trails
  • I took my family to Alaska
  • I bought a trailer and took my family camping
  • We took our son to his first visit to Disneyland

I’ll share some more with you later…for now, let’s hear your list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd spend lots of time on the beach (where the water is warm, not the Oregon coast) with my family. And, I'd finish all of the scrapbooking up to that point in time so that my family had the pictures- and most importantly, my words to pass on.

Thanks for the thought-provoking post! :)
Andrea (currently one of the only remaining non-bloggers!)

Lorilu said...

I would compile a video to show our son of various Motherly advice that would carry him thru without me and also write him many letters to read year after year after I was gone.

Anonymous said...

I think Terry's blog is first of all fun to read (love the pictures), and second of all it's a good reminder to give thought to every thing we do. If only one more year was given to us, every word out of the mouth would be hugely important, making a real effort to be the very best parent possible would be a main focus, and an intense study of scripture would become a daily activity. Our kids would find that even today we'd have more patience with them if we would keep in mind the reality that life is just a vapor. Our time to be God-like/God minded is right now (which is what my reaction to such grim news would be).

I think you did a good job making the blog, Terry!

See you guys Sunday!

Pauline

Lesa said...

Uncle Terry--

Though I'm not answering your question, I just wanted to tell you how encouraged and excited I am by your spiritual growth and hunger for the Lord! It is SO awesome to see this excitement in you!! Praise the Lord! :) Keep blessing others with your God-given gifts--He has richly blessed you!

Love, Lesa