Monday, January 22, 2007

So this is bloggin'?


Ok, so I'm the last one on the block to have a blog...not really news when you consider I don't own an i-pod, or a flat screen HD tv, and I still have one of those monitors that is about 3 feet deep on my desk. Of course, that monitor is my wife's...I bought a 19" flat panel last month.

Anyway, I guess I didn't get the point of having a blog. Why would I want people to know anything about me...especially if I don't know who's reading this. To a certain extent, I still feel that way. You probably won't learn too many personal things about me here...but maybe you will.

I guess the reason I started a blog is this...to encourage you to think a little more, love a little more and maybe even live a little more. Now for the flipside...we're all going to die. Yep, I said it. I don't see anyway of getting around it. So, since we can all at least agree on that...it makes since to me to live like it. And, that's what I want to do. So I made that the name of my blog...after the title of a great song..."Live like you were dying."

For me, it boils down to Hebrews 9:27-28, "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgement, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people..." Are you prepared?

"And he said someday I hope you get the chance, to live like you were dyin'. Like tomorrow was a gift and you got eternity to think about what'd you do with it...what did you do with it...what did I do with it...what would I do with it?" Tim McGraw

Living for now is only part of it...I encourage you to take the time to consider the eternal perspective. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16...it's a famous verse in the Bible for a reason.

Thanks for looking around my blog!

6 comments:

Lorilu said...

Nice start Honey! I think you will be a great Blogger...and you just never know who can be reached here! Good job! Oh and by the way...I am holding out for a new lap top - so I don't mind that you bought YOURSELF a flat screen and left tme in the dust! :) I love you anyway! But I did get some Mumms!

Rich Smith said...

Well hello Terrance and welcome to this little diddy that I like to call "the cult" that many are calling bloging. Well hey it is great to see you join in the fun. I look forward to hearing about your life every few days. One question though. When is the boy going to get a BSU hat?
late

hot potato said...

i love it--sucker...look at all of you's who just had to get in on the action only after "i" did!!!! just a little joke...i really do have a healthy ego. this is great. i now have one more blog to visit every day, along with all the other ones i'm addicted to and visit all too often..you know, instead of taking care of the kids. good times.

SPARKY said...

beth, you just HAVE to have credit for everything don't you...can't let it go. but I will let you take it for this one. thanks to you im in, rich's in, jake, amanda, terry, lori, barry, and i'm sure numerous others.thanks girl

Anonymous said...

Great job. I don't have time to read blogs, but I'll check in with yours (I think I'm obligated).

Jan 25, 2007

Anonymous said...

Dad just showed me your blog. I loved it. What an added blessing to my day. Thank you. Lord willing, before I die I'll get to take my family to Myrtle Beach with Ed and God will bless our time together. To see all my sons loving and serving the Lord makes me so happy I'm ready to die anytime He calls me, but I can also wait says Dad.